Friday, April 01, 2005

T.G.I.F.!

I'd rather have people know me for who I am inside instead of what I look like. I'd rather have people read a piece of my writing or hear my words and say, "Hey!! That's (SunriseSeeker)!!" than have them look at a pic of me and say, "Hey!! That's (SunriseSeeker)!!" Outward appearances are easily changed, personality is not. I'd rather have people discover me inside out instead of outside in. On a related note, people who I meet in person first, and then read my writings, tell me that they're quite surprised that I am capable of more than just grunts and mumbles. On the flipside, people who read what I write in here first, and then meet me later are
surprised on my physical appearance. I guess it's not REALLY that surprising really. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep people on their toes. I try hard to break away from stereotypes. And I like to surprise people with different aspects of my persona. Just like Shrek, "I'm an onion." =) On an unrelated note, how often do you try to repair a boat that just keeps springing leaks? I think it's time to abandon ship.

Today's quote is something I've always felt but never voiced in a "capture the idea in a sentence" kinda way. It amazes me how many people see the world in such a defined way. Those people should realize that there's shades of grey and colour in EVERYTHING, that there's a at LEAST one exception to every rule. They should realize because we are humans, and therefore susceptible to human nature, that hard and fast rules only apply to a majority. But to truly understand life and people, you need to look beyond those stereotypes and turn your attention to the unseen, the undefined.

"See the world in black and white, and you'll miss the colours of life." - SunriseSeeker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

From the last several years of clicking on 'SunriseSeeker', you have really humanized the internet for me.

I really appreciate your candid entries and enjoy the way you string-together your thoughts.

I can sincerely say that I truly respect you as an individual and wish you all the best that life has to offer.

-Just another reader.