"Understanding is a lot like sex; it's got a practical purpose, but that's not why people do it, normally." - late physicist Frank Oppenheimer on amateur scientists and their passionate curiosity.
This blog may contain sanity, or attempts at it, reader discretion is advised.
Friday, April 22, 2005
I'm Dry...
Tonight I logged on to Blogger, with so many things to say. But the funny thing is, I'm going to end up saying nothing at all. As I typed away, the sentences produced on my screen made less and less sense. I couldn't string together a coherent frickin' thought if my life depended on it. Work has me stressed out lately, and I've been getting these pangings of loneliness. Why am I so picky? It's not like I can force myself to be attracted to someone right? Someone asked me how things are going in the girl department and I responded with "The department's been closed for repairs." She then told me not to close shop because there definitely are girls browsing. I hear all the time that there are "girls out there, and that I'm just not paying attention". She said that maybe no one of my type is browsing to which I responded "Either way, it looks empty." All my friends say I'm too picky and I admit that I can be picky, but at the same time I'm not. I can't choose who I am attracted to right? To me, it's all about chemistry. I can sit down and talk to the prettiest girl but if I don't feel like there's a connection, then although I may be physically attracted to her, I'm not going to try and pursue a relationship with her. On the other hand, I've dated girls that may not turn heads, but whom I have a connection with and thoroughly enjoy being with. A deeper level of attraction than just physical is required for me to start giving up things in my life to start spending more time with a girl. I'm sure you all know this, but I'll just say it anyway. Personality can make a less physically attractive person beautiful, and a physically attractive person ugly. I truly believe that as I know people who embody the dichotomy. Am I picky? Maybe. I want someone who is beautiful to me on the inside, for physical beauty can fade, but inner beauty is a much more resilient product. Is it too much to ask? It's been almost 4 years that I've been single, so the answer so far, seems like it's "Yes".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment