Saturday, March 26, 2005

True Colours in Adversity

I believe that the only way to truly see who someone is when are facing true adversity. What a person does when their back is against the wall, or when they're facing insurmountable odds, tells a lot about who they are. Another time when people's true colours shine is when they think no one is watching them. Do they commit deeds of good? Or do they take the route of hedonism no matter the moral implications? I think that's why I like testing myself so much. I like pushing myself, see where my limits are, and I encourage you to do the same thing. I believe that there have been a few moments in my life that have truly tested my core being, and although I have suffered much because of those moments, I know who I am, what I am capable or not capable of doing. Defining one's self I believe is important and thanks to what's happened to me in my life, I am able to do so. I still test myself though, I try not to take the easy way out of things. I am also very competitive. Although it's more of a competition with myself more than anything. For example, when playing sports, I am more happy than if I played my best and lost, then if the opponent was no challenge at all and I won. I enjoy being pushed and I enjoy being tested. Maybe in some future posts I'll describe some of my life defining moments. But it's getting late, and my bed looks pretty inviting.

This is one of the few quotes that I live by, because I am a person who practices what he preaches:
"The right thing to do, is most often the hardest thing to do."
- SunriseSeeker

No comments: