Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Little Window into Me

This is one of the deepest and "truest" things said about me.

"...(he) has a truly poetic soul."

I've never been described like that before, and it actually came as quite a pleasant surprise. I've been told by a few others that readers easily empathize with my words, that my writings often evoke great imagery and emotion. I believe that this is one of the best compliments a writer can receive. But to be told that I have a poetic soul, that takes the cake. It's more than just describes my writings, it describes how I see things, how I think, how I express myself. The notion of a soul indicates something more than mere brain power, that I am more than the sum of my neurons, synapses and electrochemical transmitters. I believe a "poetic soul" describes the passion I have for certain things, a passion to see what's underneath the surface or what lies beyond the unfathomable.

Maybe one day when I'm hard up on something to post on this blog, I'll put up a poem or a short story I've written.

Today's quote comes from one of my favorite poems:

"Do not go gentle into that goodnight. Rage rage against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas

No comments: