One of my very very good friends said to me, "you sound pretty calm for having that many unfortuate events happen to you". My reply to her was "Yah I'm calm, how else should I be? It's not like I can fight back against life... if I could, you bet your sweet little ass I would. but since I can't, there's not use, so yah, just stay calm and enjoy the things I still have."
My aunt whom I love dearly said to me when I was younger, when I was having all sorts of family problems. She's Chinese, so here is my translation of her words:"Don't try and fight every battle, don't fight the battles you know you can't win to save your energy for the battles that you can."
1 comment:
I like that. Saving energy for the battles that you can win. That is so true. I need to learn to do that.
You can't fight against life. I mean, shit happens, and you can't do anything to change it, right? So why waste energy on it.
Thanks
PS: I'm also a commenting fiend :)
Post a Comment