Thursday, May 12, 2005

Straight From the Heart

Inspiration hit this morning...

Can't Let Go

The flood gates are now open,
it's quite beyond control,
I'm cracked, but I'm not broken,
uncertain of my goal.

I cannot close this door,
there is no lock or key.
You've shown me I can be more,
than alone, I could ever be.

In darkness, I can't see,
but I'm guided by your light.
Hoping, you will catch me
from falling in mid-flight.

Before you came along
I sang alone just fine,
but I have heard our duet song,
And now solo, I can't shine.

These feelings are accidental,
I never meant this to be.
But this can't be coincidental,
I can feel, this is destiny:

For I've tried to fight and failed,
to oust you from my heart.
And since our paths have crossed,
everytime we part,

I open my mouth to say speak,
But I look into your eyes,
All I can say is "Until next time".
I cannot say goodbye.

-Sunrise Seeker

"If we let the dream die then what was the use in waking up?" - Martin
Luther King Jr.

No comments: