Monday, May 30, 2005

Rebound? Not Always.

Is it wrong to meet someone new to help you get over someone else? I'm not talking about rebounds here. For those who are in touch enough with their inner selves, I think you can actually develop a healthy loving relationship with someone while trying to get over someone else. The only problem is, is that most of us while hurt, still think emotionally instead of logically. What I mean by this is that you have to sit down and think, "If I met this person at another time in my life, would I still find them fascinating and attractive enough to pursue a relationship with them?" I think that it's possible to answer that question with yes, and not by lying to yourself that you're over the first person and start burying the feelings you have for them. Admit to yourself that you still have attachments to the first person, but I think that's ok as long as you genuinely want to get over them. If you genuinely can see yourself with this new person, and not use them to get over your past, but instead can see a real future with them, is going forward with a possible relationship really that bad? It may be a dangerous proposition though, and to make a potentially flammable situation even more explosive, you'll have to let this new person know you're still are trying to get over someone. Morally, I think if the other person is willing to gamble with their heart, the least you can do is let them know the deck they are playing with. They have the right to know, right? Remember, the right thing to do is most often the hardest thing to do. It's the best way to start a relationship anyway, to be open and honest. If the other person still sticks around and is still willing, then you know that they're a keeper.

"Men are blessed with 2 heads to think with but cursed with only enough blood to use one at a time." - Anonymous

No comments: