Ok, so you've made it this far. You are persistent aren't you? Here's you reward, a poem I wrote a looooong time ago for someone who was very dear to me:
Best Friends
Like the cool, refreshing summer rains,
I'll be there to ease your aches and pains.
Wipe away those bitter tears, I'm here to chase away your fears.
Like the bright and shining sun, I will be your number one.
There's never a need to run and hide,
For I will be there always, by your side.
Like a hard and protective shell,
I will shield you from this world's hell.
And our friendship shall ne'er grow cold,
For our friendship, high, I shall ever hold.
I know we'll be friends for life and after,
Sharing all our mem'ries and laughter.
And to my dearest friend I toast:
To our friendship evermore we drink,
In a sea of trouble we'll never drown,
For our friendship, is a ship that will never sink.
- Sunrise Seeker
"Friends pick us up when we fall, and if they cannot, they lie down beside us and listen for a while" - Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment