Wednesday, September 07, 2005

In/Sanity

I went to a wedding just this past Sunday. On the front of the program was the theme "Today I marry my Best Friend". The couple was the perfect emobdiment of the phrase. It inspired me to make a short and impromptu toast to the bride and groom. In that toast, I used the quote "Love isn't one soul finding another, but half of one soul finding it's other half." I guess that the whole best friend/soul mate thing is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. Marrying a best friend I think would be ideal. The toughest thing is, finding that someone, but then through some force of nature or fate or curse, losing them. I'm still in recovery, last Sunday taught me that, in one way or another.

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self." - May Sarton

No comments: