This will be my 2nd year participating in the
CIBC Run for the Cure. I will be doing the 5KM run. For those unfamiliar with this event, it is a fund raiser for breast cancer and it is a Canada-wide run that will take place on the morning of Sunday October 2nd. Over 170 000 people participated in 2004. Last year I finished the run in 23 minutes or so. This year I am aiming for 18-19 minutes. My team name is My Legs Hurt, so far we have 10 members. There's also a 1KM walk for those that think 5KM is too much for them. If you are in the Edmonton area, and are interested in dong the run/walk and would like to join a team, please contact me by leaving me a comment and I will let you know the details on how to join. If you like to support the cause but are unable to participate, you can always
sponsor me!! =) You can even donate online. It's quick, easy and secure! You can pay by VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Within 20 minutes, you will receive a taxreceipt for any donation that has been successfully received.
To donate click here
https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/p.asp?t=1214535&l=1 (it's a secure site).
For more information you can follow these links www.cbcf.org www.cibcrunforthecure.com
Thanks to all those who donate, not just from me, but from the millions who are affected by cancer!
No comments:
Post a Comment