Thursday, July 28, 2005

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Yah I've been on hiatus for the last little while... I've run out of thoughts, feelings and words. 2 recent events have drained what's left of my will. Someone ran a red light 2 weeks ago and smashed my car. My company went on strike, and I am in the middle because I don't like the union I am in (but I have no choice but to be a member of) and the company the union is striking against has done some pretty dumb things. I don't want to cross the picket line but at the same time funds are running low. And I am not going to picket because I do not believe in the cause. But yah, 2005 continues to try and kill me (everywhich way besides physically). Sometimes I wish that it would just finish the job. My friends keep saying, "don't worry, that just means next year will be better!". You know, I've learned that life just doesn't work that way. You can't win 'em all, but you sure can lose 'em all. It's not like I'm a quitter, but how many times can you get back up after being smacked down so many times in a row? I know, I know, victory is getting up one more time then you fall down. I can't remember which great person said that, but sometimes you should stay down for the whole 10 count instead of getting back up and getting the shit kicked out of you right? Now before you say a quitter never wins, I gotta say that it takes a smart person to know when to quit. Hey, wait, I feel inspiration coming on...

Objects in Mirror are Deader Than They Appear

Out of breath
Out of words
I scream
but I don't want to be heard.

Out of pain.
Out of tears.
I'm numb,
worn down from the years.

Out of strength.
Out of spirit.
I can't anymore,
just grin and bear it.

Out of soul.
Out of mind.
Life's cruel,
but I'll try and stay kind.


- Sunrise Seeker

Yup, that just came off the top of head in about 10 minutes. The title? I may look alive, but sometimes having a pulse and breath doesn't make me feel alive.
"Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable." - Quote from Demotivators Calendar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And who would blame you? After what you’ve been through, most people would just stay down and never get up. But I know you better than that. Take your count to ten, or to twenty if need be. I’m here for you, if you need anything.

There is pain
There are tears
Beaten down
But with each blow there will come strength.

You’re tired
You’re worn down
Feeling numb
But you will persevere through each passing day.

Life is a bitch
Life is tough
That, there is no doubt
Shit happens to the best of us.

You can give up, or
You can rise above
The choice
Is entirely yours.

You’re a survivor
The best of the best
If you so choose
You'll MAKE tomorrow a better day.