Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ready, But Unwilling

Why is it that even though I can plainly see the trap, I still venture towards it? Perhaps it's the reward on the other side should I make it past the trap that is so luring? But what if that reward itself is just an illusion, an illusion that leads me back to what I've been trying to avoid? The blurring of the outcomes is causing me to not move at all. I hate this, hate being stuck in a moment. I still don't know how you got so close after I tried so hard not to let you in. Like an addict that wants to quit but just can't, the taste of the high still fresh... I want to quit, GOD DAMN it I want to, but the high is so good, so right...

I need sleep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you need sleep. What were you doing up at 6 (7) am on a Saturday? And there you were, calling me a “crazy woman”. Such a hypocrite!

Anyhow, onto more important matters (i.e. your blog), what if it’s not an illusion? You yourself once said: “Isn't a temporary thing like a broken heart worth the risk of meeting someone whom you can spend the rest of your life with?”

Sometimes, people get close whether you let them or not. Someone will sneak in when you least expect it. It’s unpredictable, maybe even a little scary. But it can lead to wonderful and magical things. Of course, there’s no hurry to make a move. You’re only “Stuck In a Moment You CAN Get Out Of”. Do it when you’re ready. She’d be a fool not to stick around until then. I can tell you one thing: the person that you let in will be the luckiest person in the world.

Come to think of it, I can tell you three more things too:

1) I should creep your blog less.
2) The clock on your blog is an hour too slow.
3) I need sleep.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not too slow. It's only the preview that's an hour behind.