"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself" - Rumi
This blog may contain sanity, or attempts at it, reader discretion is advised.
Saturday, December 19, 2015
I Think I Just Levelled Up on the Internet!
I actually made someone else on a forum see my point of view and agree with it!!
Anyway, now to continue on from my last post.
Ok. I know that the Internet is full of trolls and haters. But for the most part, on most social media are "yes" sheep. Some person will post a picture of themselves and everyone on their friends list will be like "Oh you look good!" or "absolutely beautiful". Most people won'
t say a negative thing because they want to be liked on social media. They are there to make themselves feel better about themselves. So to achieve that, they Like and submit only positive comments on other's posts so that they themselves will receive the same type of Likes and positivity on their posts. It's a huge fucking circle jerk of mutual masturbation. It's gotten to the point where people post the most useless things. People are so afraid to be disliked that they pile on praise and positivity on people that have no business being celebrated. Granted, I've avoided social media because of my disdain of this jerk-off circle, so I don't know all sides of it. But I am pretty sure I've seen enough of it to support these opinions on social media. So what is the point I am trying to make with this and the last post? That social media promotes an unhealthy level of narcissism. It causes people to be addicted to be lauded and seek attention. What's the solution? I only have one. People just need not to care so much about what other people think about them and seek approval. Be happy with yourself and stop comparing your life to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment