"So what does my body language say now?"
Scott turned around to see Jan leaned up against the door frame with her arm up and her hip thrust out to one side.
"With poses like that, I always told you should be a model," he paused, "or at least a porn star."
Jan's fist met Scott's shoulder in such a hurry that Scott actually winced in pain.
"I see your kickboxing lessons are paying dividends," he said, rubbing his shoulder, "anyway, let's get going, we're late enough as it is."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It wasn't the first time he caught himself gazing at her, and it wasn't the first time she caught him either. But every time she did, she just smiled and slowly turned away, her eyes trailing behind, leaving one last glimpse for Scott to steal.
"Want me to introduce you to her? That's Claire. I've known her for years." And without waiting for a response Jan coolly walked over to the girl who was at the bar, and proceeded to strike up a conversation. Scott watched with an interested smirk at first which quickly turned into slightly curious bewilderment when Jan pointed at him and the two girls laughed. He quickly approached the girls in a self-attempted rescue.
"You know, it's not polite to point..." he began.
Jan quickly interjected, "See, he's not as funny looking up close."
"No, you're right," the other girl offered, "maybe I need to see him from further away again to make a fully informed decision."
Scott stood there, dumbfounded, with a look on his face that didn't at all betray his total lack of knowing what to do next. Jan then lifted her arm in the air, pointed down to the ground and swirled a mini 360 with her finger. Scott looked at Jan, then at the girl and they both gave a slight nod. He took that as a queue to turn around and walk as if he was runway model, doing his best model strut down an imaginary catwalk.
"OOoooo and a nice ass too," the girl cooed and both her and Jan laughed. Scott began to turn around and say something, but then the a song began to play in the room adjacent to them. Jan grabbed the girl's arm and started towards the dance floor.
"I love this song," she yelled as she linked Scott in her other arm and dragged them both towards the music.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So yup, there's part 2. I think I'm going to start writing more again, at least, I hope inspiration hits often enough to allow me to start writing more again.
"Sometimes when people forgive you, it is more about themselves than it is about you" - Teal'c, from Stargate SG-1
No comments:
Post a Comment