Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tears of the Clown

Sometimes, those who laugh the loudest, are the ones who are hurting inside the most.

A young man goes to see his doctor. He is overcome by a terrible sadness and doesn't think anything will make him feel better. The doctor says, "Why not do something happy, like going to see Grimaldi the clown?". The young man answers, with a knowing look, "Ah, but Doctor", he says, "I am Grimaldi."

"Knowing what you don't want can be as important as knowing what you do want." - Sunrise Seeker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What don't you want?

SunriseSeeker said...

I don't want to live a life where I am not remembered when I pass away.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you want kids? Funny, my wife was telling me how important it was to her parents that we have kids so that all her parents hard work will not be gone after we pass on.

SunriseSeeker said...

Yah I would like kids. While I can definitely see where your wife is coming from, I think that having kids out of obligation to anyone but yourself is a bad idea. You should have kids when you're ready and you know you can love them and raise them. But I guess that's easy for me to say because I want kids.