Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tell Me

I wrote this poem a long time ago, probably when I was 22 or 23 at the time. I was lost back then, very lost. I was hanging around several different crowds, flirting with the gangster/drug scene, at the same time being a computer geek and still playing lots of sports. I was meeting a lot of people, and I felt that I didn't truly fit in with any of them. I know knew who I was. But despite being as strong as I am, when you don't feel close to anybody, and you can't see yourself becoming close to any of your friends, it feels like you're alone in a crowd and drowning in it. I guess I was waiting and wanting for someone to see though my smiles, see through this superficial me that I had become in order to try and have a good time, see that I was actually floating face down in my pool of facades and confusion, and find ME.

Tell Me

I wander through my depths,
the fog that is in my head.
Who am I? Where am I going?
Can you feel the pain of my memory?
There is no shelter to hide me from myself.
My walless prison holds strong.
And the song plays on...
In open fields I run, trapped only by that which I cannot flee,
myself, do you understand?
Enter my valleys and indulge in my rivers.
Fly through my skies and swim through my clouds.
I have much to offer thee.
Read my stories, sing my melodies, use me abuse me.
And the song still plays on...
Sense my vibrations, feel my thoughts, hear my echoes.
I sing without a voice.
A knight with no kingdom, a soldier with no country.

I tread through the waste
and see something in the debris.
A one way mirror into my soul
but I cannot see, I cannot see.
Tell me reader, about me.
Sing me a song, sing me my song.

-Sunrise Seeker

"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else." - Erma Bombeck

No comments: