Friday, November 10, 2006

Introspection Through Writing

I know my words aren't exactly revolutionary. In fact, I know that a lot of you out there, deep down inside you, already know these words on my page as your own. But it helps when you actually see your thoughts as words on a page, doesn't it? It helps reinforce your own thoughts, and may help you see things about yourself a little more clearly. That's another reason why this blog exists. My rants aren't just for people out here to read, but for my own mental reinforcement. I think that putting your own thoughts in writing can often help you organize your thoughts and maybe supply a little clairvoyance into your own thoughts and emotions. It's just like teaching. Teaching is a great way to understand something. It forces you to understand the foundations of what you are teaching, but more than that, it also requires you to understand the nuances and not only see the big picture of your subject matter, but the little things as well. Also for me, writing requires thinking, and sometimes (yah only sometimes) when I think, my train of thought can wander into places I haven't explored before. Even if you never publish anything you write, try writing something, you might discover something new about yourself or see something in this world you've never seen before.

"Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental." - Anonymous

No comments: