"Mistakes - It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others." - Another wonderful Demotivators quote.
This blog may contain sanity, or attempts at it, reader discretion is advised.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
The Struggles Within Part 2
As I've aged (like wine I hope, and not like vinegar) I've been fine tuning the balance between my Heart and Mind. I can be a very extreme person at times: I believe in doing something right or not bother doing it at all, which is as much a weakness as it is a strength in my opinion. When I was younger, my world was ruled by my heart, everything I did was an emotional response. True to my nature, when I tried to apply logic to my world, I overcompensated to the extreme, denying my heart a voice in decisions and as a result I would end up overthinking things and cause myself unneccesary stress and pain. What I didn't realize at the time was the important lesson of balance in life. As I got older, as I understood more of the world, as my eyes opened wider, I started seeing how the world is governed by balance. But more specifically, in my life, I work as hard as I play, I love as hard as I hate, and because I put so much effort into things I do, I usually either pass with flying colours or fail spectacularly. I often fear for people who I see do not live a balanced life, they either work too much, or play too much, or jump in and out of relationships, or focus too much on things outside their control. But just as disciplined I am, I can be just as crazy in the things I do. I like to think I know how to live life, how to enjoy life, it's the little things I give up for the greater good of my physical and emotional health. Balance and moderation are the keys to life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment