"You can't change the wind, but you can adjust your sails" - Machiavelli
This blog may contain sanity, or attempts at it, reader discretion is advised.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Thanks to Everyone Involved in The Run
My thanks go out to everyone who either donated/sponsored, ran, or volunteered in this year's CIBC Run for the Cure. In my city of Edmonton, 11 329 people ran raising a total of $1.3 million. I think that is simply amazing! Special thanks goes out to the people who sponsored me. They made my run that much more successful. As for the run itself, I unfortunately did not attain my goal of under 19 minutes. It was freezing that day!!! I believe it was 1 degree or something like that so I blame that for my disappointing time of 20:09. My quads felt stiff for the first 4 minutes or so and yes, I did warm up, but for some reason they made us wait at the start line for 15 minutes or so. Ah well, despite my running time, I felt that the run was a huge success. Thanks again to everyone who participated in one way or another!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment