Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ready for Love

It's not easy, getting up after you've been beat to a bloody pulp. And it's pretty frickin' scary when you get put in the position where you got beat up the first time. It's certainly understandable why some people are scared to get into a relationship after being severely hurt. I don't mean the types who are not ready because they're getting over someone, or because they just aren't ready to settle. I mean those who genuinely have nothing holding them back except the fear of getting hurt again. I personally have had the shit kicked out of me (figuratively of course) more times than I care to admit. And trust me, I know it ain't easy to crawl your way from the bottom of that pit of hurt, that hole where you just wanna lock yourself in and shut everything else out. The thing is, the first step towards the exit from that void are steps you have to take yourself. Sure, friends and others who care about you are reaching into the hole as deep as they can, trying to help you out. But more often than not, you're in so deep that you're beyond their grasp. YOU yourself have to start climbing out, take the first few steps towards their helping hands. I know I'm not the first to give this advice, but it should be reiterated. Why be afraid to love? What's the worst that can happen? You get hurt. But wounds heal, even the deep ones you get from a broken heart. Now on the flipside, you could meet the love of your life. Isn't a temporary thing like a broken heart worth the risk of meeting someone whom you can spend the rest of your life with?

P.S. The title of this entry shares it's name with a wicked song from India Aire. I suggest you try and find it and listen to it.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

No comments: