Sunday, April 21, 2013

Audience (or lack thereof)

"My Life... (or at least my version of it)", was created because I felt because I have been through so much shit in my life that, if at least another person could learn from it, find insight from it, or at the very least be entertained by it, then my life, would have served a purpose.  As the translation from thought to electronic ink continued, it became cathartic.  Just like how a teacher can learn even more by teaching, I believe that I grew, and learned by writing about my life.  To me, writing is not a just straight dictation of words in my head to words on a page.  Throughout the process I sometimes pause to ask myself questions, as if I were an anonymous reader, or sometimes as an acquaintance, or even as a good friend.  But lately, as you can tell, my blog as been nary of updates.  I think now it is because my experiences that I have had in the last few years, have been the same experiences that everyone else has had, that my life has settled down and I no longer have these crazy stories to tell.  I may get a random thought here and there I'd like to share. I am not a huge social media person.  Although I do have Twitter and Facebook accounts.  I rarely use them.  I actually despise what social media has become in a way, where everyone thinks that they need to tell the world what they had for lunch, or put up five hundred pictures of their kids.  Social media has turned a lot of people in society to what I call the "me too" generation.  Too many now think that they are special, that others actually care about their mundane lives.  Don't get me wrong, I love social media in that it keeps us informed, entertained, and allows us to connect globally.  What I dislike is just that too many people try to grab attention or think that they are more important than they actually are.

Sorry to backtrack here a bit, but my thoughts aren't always as coherent as I would like them to be.  Anyway, when I started my blog, I was actually quite content with no readership (like right now, LOL).  I don't advertise my blog, I don't tell my friends about it, who ever stumbles upon this site must do so almost accidentally (of course there are some exceptions to the rule).  I still am very happy if these words of mine get read only by me, to serve as my personal memoirs.

Anyway, to those who are returning visitors, know that I am extremely happy where I am right now, and   thanks for remembering that I still exist.

 "Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit." - Anton Chekov

No comments: