Wednesday, August 01, 2012

One Hell of a Journey

I knew I kept a blog for a reason!  I was reading through my blog from scratch...and I can't believe that I have 7 years of life encoded on some hard drive somewhere on some random server on this Earth.  Anyway, reading through my blog and more importantly the comments that some people have made has reminded me of the inner strength that I have, and I feel rejuvenated.  And man have I been lacking strength lately.  I am thankful for the people who took more than just a passing interest in my blog, took some time to read a post or two, and leave comments.  I've had some great people in and out of my life.  Reading their comments on my blog is like watching a movie about my life.  It's brought a smile to my face, and yes even some tears.  I've re-learned that even the toughest journey begins with the smallest steps.  Reading through my words has reminded me of how strong I really am, how I have endured and survived.  It's also revived a spirit in me that I forgot I had.  Through following some comments and reading through some other blogs, I came accross this quote:

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

I will smile again.  Soon... I really will.

No comments: