I was going to lay down a scenario here, a little set-up of a setting, a small backstory, but after debating it, it would cause much less tangential bantering (to the scope of this entry anyway) and allow us to focus on the point. You're in the middle, doesn't matter how you got here, you're here, deal with it. While we're at it, to simplify things a little more, and to help gain focus to my point, let's just ignore the complication of sexual intercourse, children, and any other types of marital, financial, and social bindings. (are you starting to get a headache, cause I am a little).
Anyway, now that we're all here... what do we do? It tears your heart apart to have to hurt one, but you have to hurt one in order to spend time with the other. This is what I see for options:
- ignore both (and hurting everyone in the process),
- pick one (and seriously hurt the other, and yourself because you are leaving behind someone you love),
- continue hurting both to satisfy your need to be with both, and of course, both of their needs to be with you.
So for #1, this will be the most fair to all parties I think, but being fair isn't always the right thing, right? As for #2, you will lose someone you deeply care about, and who cares about you, possibly forever, can you live with yourself after doing that? #3 the most selfish in my opinion, but at the same time, the other 2 options require you to hurt at least 1 other person. So for #3, should both the other parties learn to accept that there are just two important people in your life?
I've deliberately left the options and the pros and cons of them open, as to generate discussion. Please, send me some comments or write in my sidebar please.
I need to go to bed, it's 5:30 am over here, so please feel free to tell me I'm totally out to lunch on this one. If I have the time and the energy, I'll try and make a bit more sense.
I feel very Demotivatory tonight, so here's a another borrowed quote (and also might give you the gumption to reply to this entry):
"Compromise - Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be." - Quote from Demotivators
No comments:
Post a Comment